Generally, sexuality is a matter of hesitation for the normal people. It is a completely unknown world for the common people. And whatever they know, they always try to wrap up the topic. People should have knowledge about sexuality.
After having clear enough knowledge on sexual health you will be able to teach your teenaged child about it. Yes, teenaged should have enough knowledge about sex. Because, they are always in a high risk group who can fall in danger any time as having less sense about sex.
You can inform your teenaged sex child about following topics-
- Chlamydia: It is a common sexually transmitted disease for both men and women. The problem is it doesn’t show symptoms normally. So, affected people are not versed about this disease if they are not tested. So, parents should teach teenagers about this disease. They should also know that testing is important to avoid this disease after having unprotected sex.
- Missed pill: Missing contraceptive pill is not good for a girl. She can become pregnant if any pill is missed. If any pill is missed by any chance, she must contact with a pharmacist or doctor to know what to do.
- Condoms: The teenagers should know well about condoms. It is a helpful contraceptive system. It helps not only to prevent pregnancy but it also gives protection against STDs. So, if there is any doubt with it in any couple, they can use another contraceptive method along with it. Because no other method gives such protection against STI.
- Emergency contraception: Teenagers should also have knowledge about emergency contraceptive systems. It cannot be a regular method. It should only be taken soon after an unprotected sex. There are two types of emergency contraceptive methods- one is emergency contraceptive pill and other is intrauterine device. It should be kept in mind that both of them should be taken as soon as possible after having unprotected sex.
- The age of consent: The age of consent for any type of sexual activity is 16 for both men and women. The Sexual Offences Act 2003 introduced new laws to protect children under 16 from abuse. Children under 13 who cannot legally consent to any sexual activity are protected by specific laws.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Parents should sermonize their teenaged children about sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, genital warts etc. They should know that they can avoid these diseases by taking enough protection.
Now tell your teenager children broadly about the above topics. Help them in taking the right decision at the right time. by this way, parents can help making their teenaged child’s bright future.